Practice 1:Emphasizing and streamlining on curricular growth of the beginners
- To remove the fear and shyness of the beginners
- To build up the self confidence and self belief within themselves
- To enhance their knowledge about basic subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English of intermediate level which will further help them in understanding the engineering subjects in their higher semesters
- To impart the attitude to be discipline, sincere and punctual in their studies
- To motivate them to become more faculty friendly
- To groom them up for participative learning and group discussions
- To motivate the beginners to enjoy the studies in engineering and also involve themselves in various college activities
- The Context:
- In the present scenario of Odisha and also in India as a whole it is being observed that the affinity towards the study in Engineering and Technology has diminished particularly in self sustaining and self financing engineering colleges. This institution is also facing the similar challenges in the present time.
- The Government of India, Government of Odisha and other State Governments are very much concern and keen to impart technical education for the students belonging to lower income group, SC/ST/ Minorities and other economically backward classes etc. Hence they are providing various types of financial assistance like PRERANA stipend from Govt. of Odisha. For this reason students from those back grounds are showing very much interest to study engineering and technology and in this regard we are getting around more than 150 students per year. Further as these students complete their intermediate in local languages, it is a general trend that they feel little difficulty in studying engineering and they used to discontinue.
Practice 2:Innovative Practices on Quality Assurance of Curriculum for Enhancing Quality Education
- Aims to provide the quality education for the technical students of Diploma, Degree (B.Tech) and M.Tech wings with national intake
- Providing eco-friendly, noise free and academic ambiance for the students
- Facilitating healthy and hygienic environment in hostels
- Generating ample and equal opportunity for all irrespective of caste, creed, colour and community etc.
- Expediting several non-academic activities like dance, music, game, sports, painting, gyms etc. in the very premises of the institution.
- Adhering strictly to the academic planner prescribed by the affiliated University.
- Autonomy to component units and administrative support for innovative practices.
The Context: Steps of Quality Assurance for Implementation of Quality Education:
- Translating Quality Assurance Policy manual of AICTE/ BPUT to reality.
- Self-evaluation and priority-setting for quality improvement
- Development of the Quality Assurance job manuals
- Implementation and revision of the Quality Assurance job manuals
- Continuous evaluation of Quality Assurance implementation
- Execute innovative practices for development of curriculum aspects through Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)